Thursday, September 27, 2012

REDCINE-X Pro Audio Bug

I'm currently doing a bunch of on-set transcodes (literally, RIGHT NOW!), and although the RED EPIC has a small external mic connected for a scratch track, and I could hear it on the raw footage in REDCINE-X Pro, it was non-existent on the Apple ProRes 422 transcodes.

After repeatedly messing with the export audio channel check boxes, doing a bunch of transcode test, opening them in Quicktime, VLC, and FCP, I honestly could not figure out where my audio was going, even after consulting a friend who I equate to being my Jedi Master of DITing.  So I went to the Jedi Council, REDUSER.

Luckily someone on REDUSER was able to understand my confused jibberish and point me in the direction of this setting box.  (Edit Preset > Setup... > Audio)

























The way they explained it to me is that there is a bug for pre-existing presets when you update REDCINE-X Pro (which I had just updated to 15) and unless you assign a value to the Render Setting (apparently Normal is like zero), you will not have audio because it will not know to look for anything.

So I changed Normal to Best and all was well.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment